Bel Canto DAC3 or Cambridge Audio 840C?

Which is "better" as an outboard DAC? I love the fact that I'd be getting a CD player out of the 840C as well, but I listen to FLAC files from my file server a lot more.

I like a sound that is smooth, but detailed, on the warm side. Airy, liquid vocals are first priority. Classe, Bel Canto, Conrad Johnson tube pre-amps, newer Sonus Faber are my cup of tea, to give y'all an idea. I have an Audio Experience Symphonies Plus-R tube pre, Bel Canto S300, and Usher BE-718 speakers.
eugene81
It is your lucky day. I own a DAC3 and would be willing to sell it to you for $1199 including shipping. It is in absolutely perfect condition. I am the original owner and I have all of the original equipment as well as box. I am interested in a $5000 dac and it would offset approximately 20% of the cost.
Sorry, not in the market right now. I'm sure somebody will snatch it up on the classifieds. Has anybody heard both the Tdac and the Bel Canto?
Here's a link in the AVS forum from someone last year comparing the Tadac to the Bel Canto 3 bear in mind this was the previous model Tadac. The Tdac is supposed to be much better. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=707173&page=142 Scroll down to Zissou's comments
Oops, here's the link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=707173&page=142
Well, to tide me over until I'm ready to go into the $1k range I got myself an MHDT Paradisea NOS DAC with a Tung Sol 2C51 tube, and my goodness I am really enjoying it! I now find myself loving the music again and not getting bogged down by the details! Granted my previous DAC (MSB Link III, and briefly the DAC in my Classe SSP-300 pre/proc) was a weak link in my system, but the kind of smooth, coherent, emotive sound that the Paradisea puts out really suits me. Now I remember why I cling to my tube pre-amp. The soundstage can be a little skewed IMO, and it's not the most detailed, but it doesn't really bother me.

I'd really be interested to read a comparison between the Havana and the TDac. I know there's a thread out there, but only one person had experience with both Havana and TDac (not TaDac).

I'm guess I'm just going to have to get all 3 (DAC3, Havana, TDac) and decide which one to keep.