BEST AMPS FOR WILSON SASHA

hi, i have in this moment a ayon cd5s cdplayer with built in preamplifier , pass x250 amps and wilson sasha speaker ( i love sasha), i want a new and better amplifier, the options are two, pass xa100.8 monoblocks or cary 211fe monoblock, what is the better option for the sasha?, your opinion please
128x128orionpcgames
This is a case where an audition of the Cary 211 parallel SET with the Sasha is a must before purchasing. In the Stereophile review cited by George , Art Dudley said his Shindo 25 watt tube amplifier was really quite special driving these speakers and this combo made beautifull music. However the Shindo amplifier is push pull and may also utilize NFB.

On paper I’d have to agree strongly with George and Al, the Pass Labs seems the more appropriate amplifier given the Sasha’s impedance characteristics. Zero NFB SETs can be marvelous but they must be mated to a compatible speaker. If you’re unable to audition the Cary with your Sasha, IMO the Pass Labs is by far the safer and wiser choice
Charles, .
i am running Sasha wit Xa 100.8  and beginning to think I need more power .  Bass needs more impact and midrange more projection.  i am looking at the Burmeister 911 mk3 or Xa 160.8
Charles, a minor correction to your characteristically sage post.  I'm pretty sure that the 211FE is a push-pull amplifier, not a parallel SET.  I say that because it is described as transitioning from class A to class AB and then to class B at high power levels (a SET would always operate in class A), and also because it is described as being a "fully differentially balanced" design.

Best regards,
-- Al

Wilson's love power. And systems that need lots of power can have their otherwise excellent systems limited by something as basic as standard Wall Outlets. 

Alpha 100 is looking for more bass impact and midrange projection - I suggest trying the Synergistic Research Black A/C Wall Outlet. First installed there is more presence, and then over the next 100 to 200 hours there is an improvement in bass, midrange and PRAT.

They come with a 30 day trial and if not happy return for refund. Certainly easier than shipping amplifiers to and fro.

David Pritchard
Hi Al,
 You are correct, it does transition to class B to provide more power and SET amplifiers certainly aren't capable of a differential balanced circuit. I don't know why I overlooked those two glaring factors. What is fascinating  is the reviewer (Mr. Dudley) said based purely on listening the 25 watt Shindo was so pleasing with the Shasha. You'd never imagine this outcome possible given the speaker's load demands. He did also find the 400 watt Electrocompaniet amplifier an excellent choice as well. Based on specifications alone the Shindo would ( justifiably so)  be ruled out as a suitable amplifier candidate.  Audio is such an intriguing endeavor. 
Charles,