Best New speaker under $5000

I went to the new York show just looking and finally found a loudspeaker better than my brothers Acoustic Zens
The Gershman Acoustic Sonogram at $3595 I bought a pair and never looked back .The Bass goes down under 30hz solidly no loudspeaker in the price range has such a sweetspot the whole center between the speakers and superb detail and imaging.I have auditioned my brothers Adagios in my system, VR-4 juniors, Thiels, these are like a Sonus faber with more detail and better bass. the Zens are very fast slightly more than the Sonograms ,but the circular tweeter is just too soft when you need a little bite , the midbass to the lower bass the Adagio is enemic compared and as uhf magazine also stated
tight articulate low bass and excellent across the board.I have been a audiophile for over 30 years .I was told there are 3 reviews in the process including T.A.S Robert Harley ,I can honestly say I finally made a Great move. I have a Edge g-8 amp, a Consonance droplet cdp, a Dodd audio DC powered valve pre amp , and
all of the little known but excellent Soundstring audio cables.I have freinds that spent 2x the $17k I spent that admitted my system is more coherent!
audiophile1958
>They are hard to find used, which doesn't seem to be an issue for you, you can get them new from the factory. For a smallish two way, they are real shockers...<

Agree and disagree. Yes they are hard to find used, but there is a pair on the Gon right now. As far as new, the last news I head from Robert is that they are no longer available.

Oz
Oz, I had no idea. I was wondering why after having such a big presence last year, they were not to be found this year at RMAF!!!

That's really too bad as they are a great product. I know Robert was having a hard time coming up with the money to retool, after what happened with a previous partner...

O

o

I have to say The Gershman Sonogram loudspeakers are on my short list for the under $6k range .I use this for any speaker that has solid bass into the 20s and keeps up with speakers more than 2x the cost is exceptional , along with the Maggi 3.6 which is untouchable in playing so seamlessly
not enough dynamics overall without the sub though . The Hyperion was very good just not as cohesive and lacked low level inner detail compared to the Sonogram and Maggi.
Thanks guys for your insite and help,I took the plunge
Hifidelityaudio went over all the positives these had to offer and They were spot on I compared pretty much every major company at under $6k and these speakers are solid across the board with a very good natural presentation ,not to heavy or to thin, .I have used this with my Eastern electric integrated ,as well as my Edge
ss amp with very good results a very easy load to drive .
I used the Isoclean breakin cd which takes the breakin down to under 30 hours compared to over 200+ if just playing music.