BEST REAR PROJECTION HDTV??

HI all-
replacing my current hitachi ultravision with a 53" high def TV and looking for recommendations. budget about $5k but could go a little more if needed. no real space for front projection (narrow type room and recessed space for TV - no screen), so going with RPTV. Ideas? Thanks!
bazmataz
I agree with Argent, his comments are identical to mine. I have an Elite 510 but agree that digital cable is better on my 36XBR400. A 520 for $4000 is an incredible deal. Jump on it. The Elites are the best rptv's period. Bazmataz, you may be able to get another set nearly as good for less, but your deal is so good the Elite is cost effective for you.
To clarify, I meant that the Mitsubishi should perform almost as good as the Pioneer for most HDTV applications after a proper calibration.
I own a Pioneer Elite, they are the best, a little more expensive but worth it, had it professionally calibrated (this is a must and its worth it)
Bazmataz:

Although, I am not in the market for a rear projection HDTV as of yet, I have recently begun exploring the market as I do intend to get one within the next two years. As I already have a progressive scan DVD Player (a Pioneer Elite DV-37..... a SWEET machine.... no matter how you put it.... I can put it up against some of the newer low priced Toshibas, Sonys and Panasonics out there and it still comes out on top each time), the eventual purchase of a rear projection HDTV is inevitable. Now the question is, which is the best HDTV RPTV for the money?? I think that would depend on the size of the set in question and the amount of money you intend to spend. As I am in a small room and such, right now, I am putting my attention toward the smaller HDTV RPTVs (42-Inches to about 47-Inches), and I am going to spend in the neighborhood of about $2,500.00. For the money I am going to spend, I am going to be paying attention to the Mitsubishis, Panasonics and the Toshibas. But now, if I am buying a larger set and spending more money like you are going to be doing, then there is ONLY one brand I would even consider. And that is Pioneer Elite. For a set in THAT price class in which you are talking about, I think that Pioneer Elite is the UNDISPUTED leader in that regard. So, if I am spending my money then, then my money says go with Pioneer Elite.

It's just too bad Pioneer does not market an "Elite" model in the 42-Inch to 47-Inch size class. Because if they did, then that would be the one I'll be looking at as well.

--Charles--
I did a side by side comparison with the mits diamond and the pioneer elite 520 today. i must say, the mits picture looked brighter with better color, but the pioneer seemed to handle NTSC better, and the stretched look seemed better (more real) with the pioneer. the mits looked squished. although the pioneer didn't seem as bright, it was much smoother, and a more film like appearance. nevertheless, the color detail and brightness disappointed me. these were both new out of the box and same exact signal at same time (courtesy of the store i was in). any ideas why this big difference? couldn't really decide which one to like. also, the mits fits a 55" screen into a smaller chassis than the pioneer's 53" screen. also, the store agreed to match my internet quote of $4400 shipped. they want 349 for two additional years of service (over pioneers basic 2) and will calibrate twice per year included in the charge (as well as clean and convergence adjustments). all comments appreciated!!