Best Speakers with a DNA-1?

I don't want to hijack the contemporaneous discussion of "Speakers costing range of 2500-3500 per pair" on another thread (question by @spendmoney), but I'm curious to know if any of the answers would have been different if the amp were a McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe instead of the Denon 4311-ci.  I'm using this amp to power a pair of Polk LSIM 707's now, and am contemplating my next move.  If any of the responders to that post would care to weigh in here, I'd appreciate it.
128x128cheeg
There was a reason CJ purchased McCormick back in the day.  I too owned a CJ pre as well as a passive pre.  Both sounded awesome with it.  Just well designed gear.  

So often we see dealers who carry Vandersteen also carry the same amps as the other dealers.  Same goes with Focal (they usually carry most of the Audio Plus Services line of gear) or B&W or .......

I always try to find out what gear companies use to voice their own gear. Helps me when auditioning products.
I’m sensing a trend here — sounds like a pair of Vandys may be in my future, and possibly a CJ pre, too. Thank you all for your input! Now I just have to figure out if the Sig 2 or 3 will work better in my room...
Steve McCormack still upgrades the McCormack line. In fact, if you can find a broken DNA, he will upgrade it to your specs at a very reasonable price.
He made my DNA-1 monoblocks last year. They sound superb.

Regarding the Vandies, I suggest contacting John Rutan (audioconnection) and getting his advice.
I started with the 3a sigs, added a pair of 2w subs, and then bought ctsooner's Treo's. They were a significant upgrade.
If I were to do it again, I might just have gotten a pair of 1ci's and a pair of 2w or 2wq subs-which should be around your budget. The 1ci's are a lot easier to position (esp. in small rooms) than the 3a sigs (which have huge Sound Anchor bases). And, you should get sound comparable to the 3a sigs, possibly better-the Vandy subs are really amazing).
B
Also remember that buying the most recent issue of the Vandersteen line is best, as Mr. V. constantly upgrades models as they are produced.
B
Vandys are great as are ProAc and Joseph Audio.  Depends on your particular tastes and what what sound characteristics are most important to you.  I'm sure they'd all sound fantastic with the DNA1.  Great amp.