best sub $1000 amp to mate with tube preamp

needing some power for inefficient two ways. thinking parasound halo a23 right now. recommendations welcome.
djwilbourn
well, looked at the bryston and heard several comments about roughness and a bit bright in treble that bothered me. van alstine's website is impressive and the few reviews i could find were positive, would like a little more comparison of it to similar products. nobody has bitten on the parasound, figured there were some fans out there. will look into the ps audio. my goals are good image depth without glare
Post removed 
Parasound is fine. I own one. It has a great punch. Bryston is fine too. But if you're looking for a warm natural sound with the same punch, you won't do better than a McCormack DNA-1 for $800-900. You might do better with a Levinson, but it'll cost you. There's a used DNA-1 for sale right now for $850. Poke around in the forums and read the glowing comments. You won't find anything in this price range that compares.
I agree with Csericks (Customer Service Engineer Ricks?) and Tvad. Assuming what ever you'll be looking at will be used, it's difficult to better the sonic virtues of class D amplifiers at this price point. I drove my 4ohm, 87dB sens. Avalon Eidolons with a PS Audio HCA-2 with ease.

On the linear amp side for $1100-1400 I would suggest the Ayre V-3 for its ability to dive difficult loads and its wonderful presentation.
Can't speak for the other suggestions, but the tube pre(TAD 150) & McCormack DNA-1 deluxe sounds sweet to my ears...running 86dB speakers with no effort, nor needing anythng over 10 o'clock on the volume knob.