Bluesound Node2 with outboard DAC

Has anyone used the Bluesound Node or Vault for music streaming connected to a good outboard DAC and respond to how good the combo sounds. I see the Bluesound has great connectivity and streaming options with a good user interface. Curious if using with a good dac is worth the money. 
I'm using Ayre 5xeMP preamp,  Mark Levinson 532h amp and Revel Performa floorstanders. Cardas interconnects.  
Currently using OPPO 105d as my music player and streamer,  don't like it disconnects from my tablet app control a lot and hoping for better resolution. I use Tidal HiFi for streaming and usb hard drive for stored music files. 
Appreciate relevant replies. Thanks Audiogon group
lnitm
I have the Node 2i for four months now.  In that time I have no disconnects between an iPad and the Node and just two or three dropouts of less than a second between the router and the Node.  I’m running it through a MHDT Orchid DAC now.  The most notable change is in how natural the presentation is.  It’s not a night and day fidelity thing.  It is a major listenability thing.  
+1 gb21

I would say listening up to 24/96khz there is no audible difference between well-built delta/sigma dacs that justifies a price above £1,000 (probably much lower e.g different Topping models). That is if they are built with the purpose to be uncoloured. But naturally you can pay extra for different features you like.

Waiting for my ordered RME. RME is a higly appreciated pro brand. Which means you get value for your cost. Will test it next week to Node 2 and others. Another fine pro dac for double cost would be the Crane Song Solaris.

Please inform us when you found a big improvement. :-)
Any updates? I am looking at getting either the topping d90 or the RME ADI 2 to maybe improve the sound quality of my system currently using the Node 2. thanks
For Roon I use a Mac Mini, ultraRendu with UpTone linear power supply, and Ayre Codex DAC with balanced analog to an Ayre A7e integrated that drives KEF LS50s.  I use an iPad for control.  Could I just run a Node 2i to the Codex DAC and expect the same quality audio?

db
@dbphd ,
That is what I am doing.
Node to Codex. I have no experience with Roon/Mac, so I can't say it will sound 'better', but I am very happy with my current combo.
Bob