Boy, Oh Boy! Towshend!

OK, I have elevated my belief in isolation.  For the first time I feel I have entered the Hi Fidelity zone.  About 3 weeks ago I purchased the Townshend Speaker Bars.  My muddy bass cleaned up, I have better imaging, clarity, precision, speed and focus.  My buddy who is not not into HiFi but has followed my adventures, was blown away.  He said, "OK, now I get why you do this."  Best money spent! 

Denon DL160 (re-tipped by Soundsmith) > Thorens TD150 > McIntosh 8900 > ALK Extreme Slope in Klipsch Belles.  Just another step in the long journey, but a Giant Step for my enjoyment.  My system took a large enough step forward that I am drawn into listening to all of my 2K plus albums again just to enjoy them in a new way. Great people to deal with too, even with Brexit messing things up.  Highly recommended!
I am not associated with them in any way, just want to pass it on.
128x128edgyhassle
@prof

The speaker bars look to be about 1/4" off the floor.

I imagine you could put coasters or plastic furniture sliders under the pods.

prof, One of the guys I'm helping off-line is using them on carpet and told me they were better with something under them. Sorry but it's been some months and I forget who and what. Butcher block, tile, or marble, something like that. He used a slab of it, that I know for sure. Anyway I was a little surprised it made any difference but then a lot of things are like that so I tried anyway and sure enough, better. In my case instead of a slab I used the same BDR Round Things that were under the Moabs before. Only now they are under the Townshend. Picked up even a little bit more dynamics and detail. Hard to believe. Probably furniture coasters would work, and you will prefer them anyway as if the Bars are like Podiums on the bottom they will be a LOT easier to slide and tweak position that way. 
@millercarbon

Are using the BDR round things under the podium pods?

Your floor is wood though, yes?
I'm on tile which doesn't transmit footsteps or sub/speaker sonic vibrations according to the seismograph app.

Not quite. I still use BDR mostly to avoid scratching the Moabs. Whole lot easier to move around with Cones on there. Then also use BDR Round Things UNDER the Podiums. They serve as high tech furniture gliders.  

In any case BDR are not isolation. They are extremely stiff and highly damped, but in no way are they isolation. 

Probably the way John recommends is best. The only way to know for sure though is to try. I asked if it was worth it and my back said, "Sounds real good just the way it is." 
More to discover