Break in period

I have just acquired the Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and CJ LP70S power amp. Would appreciate inputs /advice of fellow a'goners regd optimal break in period and is the break in period dependent on playback volume or amount of
gain. The reason I ask is coz a Stereophile review of the CT5(July 2006 ?)mentioned that the preamp was left in continous play mode for a week, that translates to 150 hrs.Given that i listen max 2hrs/day and more on weekends, that translates to a break in period of nearly 2 1/2 months !!
Have huge issues leaving the system running 24/7 coz of erratic power supply and neighbour's privacy etc
Would appreciate any/all advice
Cheers
128x128sunnyboy1956
if it sounds fine, don't worry about break in. critics have loaners for as long as some folks own components. cj always sounds great, broken in or not.
Most components require some break in. Film capacitors will break-in over 100 to 400 hours. Resistors, tubes and the cabling will also break-in or settle as they are exposed to current.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it, just run the amps and enjoy. You’ll notice a slight improvement as the components settle in – no big deal. I wouldn’t bother leaving gear on 24/7.

Regards
Paul
Cycling on and off actually helps to form the electrolytic in the power capacitors. I have never had any problems as a result of turning off equipment when finished listening to it. This on/off fear thing is way out of control. Save electricity, reduce the chances that something will hit the power grid and fry your stuff, and turn your gear off when left unattended.
The CT5 will take at least 400 hours for it to sound its best. The folks at cj will say 200 hours, but both the dealer's and my experience showed it to be longer. It is true that it will start to sound better at 200 but the best is yet to come.