"Bridge Over Trouble Water" sounds artificial

During the pandemic I've been upgrading my sound system.  I used to enjoy Simon & Garfunkel, "Bridge Over Trouble Water".  With my upgraded equipment the hi resolution audio sounds very synthetic, with one track on top of another, not like real music at all.  The voices are doubled and violins just layered on top.  On my same system, I played a live concert of Andre Previn playing Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue".  It sounded real and beautiful, like a live performance.  Am I doing something wrong?
aeschwartz
I was at my local record store today. I had some time so I leisurely looked at everything. I almost bought a couple of oldies I've had in the past and enjoyed feeling like I should really have in my collection again. Kind of must haves like Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman but I didn't buy because I listened to it so heavily in the 70's. I know all the lyrics to all the songs. I just don't think I can listen anymore. Kind of like The Godfather. I love the film but I've seen it one too many times. I enjoy discovering new artists these days.
“Bridge...” was definitely mixed to fill an automobiles cabin with a cacophonous sound that would overwhelm highway noise when driving 50 mph or more.  As for listenable in a hi fi rig?  N O
It is MORE than listenable on my rig.   Anyone is welcome to come hear it..
...exactly. The same recording on different systems can have a different impact on a listener as to it’s inherent quality.

Is there really no such thing as ’relative recording quality’...I don’t actually know. I just know that as a group, we audiophiles might like to Think there is such a thing as relative recording quality...but is there really...?? Can we really define it’s limits? I occasionally come across cause to wonder how safe it is to think that we actually can.
When you put down the sound of BOTW you are denigrating the work of this man, Roy Halee.  He knows more about what sounds good than you do.