Building my 'first' system - Advice on Phono preamp please

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building out my first proper 2-channel system. I'm now looking to build a good analog front end.

Question:
What should I spend on a phono preamp?

My thought process:
a) Schiit mani for now, then upgrade later
b) Used Pro-ject Tube Boxc) New Space-Tech-Labs phono preamp (I live close to store)

Current Setup:
Speakers: Nola Boxer 3
Integrated Amp: Tsakiridis Aeolos
Dac: Schiit Bifrost 2
Streamer: Allo digi One signstureTurntable: Rega Planar 2 (2m blue cartridge)
Cables: Audioquest Golden Gate

dynamic_driven
Dynamic, The used Profect will do fine just be prepared to get new tubes. Order them from Upscale Audio or RAM Audio. Both test all their tubes and grade them so you know exactly what you are getting. On a phono preamp you do not want to skimp on tubes. Get the quietest ones you can afford. I highly recommend these https://upscaleaudio.com/collections/preamp-tubes/products/gold-lion-ecc83-b759?variant=295304225096... if you can afford them. There are less expensive tubes available. As long as you stick to "Kevin's Stash" you will be fine.
Thank you all for your thoughtful advice...glad I asked!

As you can tell, I'm not that experienced with analog and wasn't sure where the phono preamp should sit within the chain. 

@millercarbon I really appreciate you're insight on not having all components around the same level of cost/performance AND about static system...so true.

My gut tells me to save a bit more then audition the best Space Tech Labs tube phono I can afford and go from there.

Is the Rega Planar 2 a reasonable entry point to TTs?
@millercarbon.   ”I did NOT want to spend $2500 on a phono stage.”

Exactly the same for me. I started at a highly recommended $200 one then all sorts of sub $1,000 ones. Finally held my breath and  purchased the (in today’s dollars $4,000) ARC. 
Been a while since I did that, technology seems to have elevated what can be achieved at a low price. But back then the differences were staggering staggering. Some very well regarded ones like Lehman Black Cube were awful. Even EAR 834P was awfully colored. Some of the much more expensive ones weren't all that much better. As it turned out even the ARC was colored, it just took 16 years and a Herron VTPH2A to reveal this. It was so much better than anything else I tried, it was by comparison very neutral!

The phono stage when you think about it has the hardest job of anything in all of audio. Because of RIAA it amplifies absolute minimum 20dB, more than just about any power amplifier. And it does this starting with the smallest weakest signal in all of audio, measured not in volts but millivolts- in many cases fractions of a millivolt! So really it is 45-65dB. Then it also has to perform equalization to a precision far greater than any room EQ ever done anywhere. Finally, because the input is so weak it has to accomplish all this with incredible attention to noise, shielding, grounding, and vibration control.

No surprise then I guess it really pays to stretch to buy as good a one as you can possibly afford.