CAT vs VTL Sound

Can someone characterize how these differ sonically, regarding the cAT JL2/JL3 vs VTL450sig/750sig and how they might mate with Wilson speakers like Wilson Watt Puppy 7 or Maxx2?

Thanks
herer
THEY SOUND QUITE SIMILAR. BOTH WOULD BE TOTAL OVERKILL FOR ANY WILSON SPEAKER.
A JL2 as total overkill? Not if you want some of, if not, the best dynamics in the business with a tube amp. As for the VTL and CAT products sounding the same, from my experience, they are not even close. Making a decision or comment based soley on power rating can get someone in trouble quickly.

The VTL has somewhat of a rich and full typical tube amplifier presentation. The CAT amplifiers are not like this at all. And the CATs have dynamic contrasts and resolution far beyond the VTLs. I would think that with the more analytical sound of Wilson speakers, the VTL would be the "better" match but you have to decide this for yourself. The dynamics of the CAT might win you over like it did me. These are both mighty fine sounding products.

Enjoy.

John
i read this in another thread here on Audiogon or on AA - people seem to be under the impression that power amp wattage should be matched to the speaker for volume of (heard) sound at the listening chair!
Man, are such people ill informed or what (& as a result seem to be providing incorrect advice to others)? And, if you are not, you are certainly not giving us any indication that you know any better. if you do, please give us some hint. thanks!
Like Jafox wrote, how about figuring in wattage for dynamics?
dynamic and sizzle are wilson's forte. the vtl and the cat don't add or take anything away from it. even a nad will do the trick.