CEC Belt Drive CD Transports vs Jay's Audio CD Transports

Hello,

I currently have a new LTA Aero Dac on order.  I have a feeling that I will be soon be ordering a new CD Transport to go with the new Dac and am trying to narrow down the options.

I am strongly considering either the Jay's CDT2MK3/CDT3MK3; but would also like to hear more about the CEC TL5 and the CEC TL-2N belt drive transports.

I'm curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare CEC with the Jay's?

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences - whether they be good or bad before I decide to pull the trigger.

Thank you and best wishes to you all!

no_regrets

@no_regrets 

I was referring to what bigkidz said here:

Understand that power supply is where most of the sound comes from.  If it can filter the noise of the AC, then you get a blacker background, faster transits, more detail, better control of soft to loud and loud to soft speed, etc.  Transformers is where most of this begins. 

The fact that he felt the TL-5 wasn't as good as it's more expensive models and others that he's tried (he's mentioned this before in other threads over the years) helped me decide to go with the Technics.

As for going with a LPS, there is no way to do that as it's not plug 'n play or swappable. You only have an IEC outlet for a plug and that's it.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise Oh, okay... now I understand.  Thank you for reminding me of the context... that makes sense to me now.

Best wishes,

Don

@chayro  Bummer!  Well, they might just price me out of their market.  

Best wishes,

Don

@no_regrets - maybe just get the Jays CD2 and be done. I don’t see how you can go wrong.