CHANGING FROM AUDIO RESEARCH TO AUDIO NOTE SYSTEM 

Dear All,

I got hooked by the SET sound and am considering selling my Audio Research based system (REF 5 SE preamp and REF150 power) and Wilson SOPHIA 3 speakers. In exchange I would buy a level 3/4 system. M3 phono balanced input pre, P3 Tonnmeister power and AN E AN-E-SPe HE 98db or  AN-E/SPx ALNICO 95 dB speakers. 

However, considering the good quality I already have, I fear being a little downgraded. Wonder what is your opinion. 

My room allows corner placement, and has 30 m2 with 2,4 m height ceiling. 

Best regards,

128x128pfmaudio

That sounds like a positive move to me overall BUT have you had a chance to listen to this AN system you're considering?

Dera jond,

I had the chance to listem no a similar system. Lexus loudspeakers (94 dB)and M2 preamp amp.this system is more musical and engaging than mine. Tonality is great,  the Rithm and speed of music is better. My system is more precise and with better sound staging. The AN soundstage seems to blend all the performers while my system separates them. Voices are more focused in my system, but more like a point in space. In AN voices have more a body than just a point. 

What makes me think is the exchange of loudspeakers. I feel I am exchanging a top notch of technology for an old and plain model which plays very very well. The AlNiCo option, which I haven’t heard, somehow narrows this gap, but are more than twice the price, so I wonder.