Chord Dave

It won't be for everyone. I'm not saying it's the best. I've owned several DACs and after owning the Dave for a couple of weeks all I can say is WOW! This is the closest to hearing a night and day difference between components that I've experienced. The Dave differentiates between recording venues better than anything I've owned. Detail, soundstage, air, vocals, attack and dynamics are truly outstanding. I'm saying all of this and I'm using the standard power cord. If you're looking for a new DAC, give the Dave a listen.  
ricred1
I've compared the Hugo TT mk2 to the Dave in my system. To my ears there is a easily discernible difference between the two. I submit most people wouldn't be able to live with the TT mk2 after hearing them in the same system.

ricred 1,

Thanks for your input about the Hugo TT2. I thought they might have been closer in sound to each other , but makes sense that they are not considering price difference.

timo62,

Someone told me a long time ago,  companies have price points for a reason. Sure there are dimensining returns, but a company's top of the line component sounds better than everything below it. Is the difference between the two worth it is a question only you can answer. 
I disagree.

I owned the DAVE/Blu 2 for about a year and recently sold them. For me, they re-defined what digital could do, and almost closed the gap to vinyl in terms of naturalness and non-fatiguing listening. But at the end of the day there was something niggling me about the DAVE/Blue 2 sound. It sounded just a shade dry and thin, lacking that last degree of liquidity and fullness of sound I was looking for. So I sold the DAVE and Blu 2 and went looking for something else.

But nothing else I listened to really satisfied the way that the Chord DACs did. I brought home my little Chord Mojo and even that wiped the floor with some vastly more expensive DACs in terms of musical satisfaction, as did the Qutest I bought as a stopgap.
So I have just bought a TT2 and M Scaler to replace the DAVE/Blu 2 I sold only a short time ago. They have been running over the last week (and improved considerably over that time). I bought the TT2 rather than another DAVE because I had read that it sounded fuller and more dynamic than the DAVE. This was closer to what I was looking for.
And this has proved correct. The TT2 is immediately recognisable as from the same family as the DAVE. The sound is very similar. But it is fuller, a little darker, more dynamic. It is possible that it gives up a tiny bit in transparency to the DAVE, but I am not convinced of that. I do know that the TT2/M Scaler produces a sound I prefer to the DAVE/Blu 2. It produces the same sense of musical engagement at a deep and satisfying level that the DAVE did, but with a richer, darker and more dynamic sound I find more appealing. No doubt others will prefer the DAVE’s sound signature (which they should, given that it is double the price). But as someone who has owned both, I prefer the TT2/M Scaler.