Clarity Caps vs Kimber kaps

looking to upgrade my B&W 602s3s
128x128posterone
Ditto Sherod: I'm at 500 hours of MR on tweeter and 100 hours of MR on mid/woofer of Merlin VSM. Both sections of crossover keep improving and sounding more open, dynamic, seamless, and natural across FR.
Any further updates on the Claritycap MR performance characteristics? I now have about 350 hours on mine in the outputs of my preamp and they seem to continue to relax, open up and allow the music to flow through. As close to sounding like "no cap" that I've yet heard in this position. I am very impressed and pleased with this new Claritycap MR line. That 2-year research and development program ICW did on these was well worth their time and financial investment, imho. (O:
Sherod,
Thats the exact same application I first heard them in.. A Tube Pre output cap, 1 uF stereo pair. Excellent from day one, trounced the Auricaps originally in the unit, and all that followed, the Jantzens, the top line Mundorfs etc... Nothing wrong with them, and the bass(low frequency) foundation of these in a full range application like that is just scary!

I have sinced put them in for a friend similar application, same excellent results, and re-fitted a cheap MC phono stage with them that made it go from a 300 dollar sounding unit to a 5000 dollar sounding unit! I mean in a phono and simple tube preamp there is not much else there accept the absolute quality of the tube and caps, so you can really work wonders with these simple designs.
Yes, I agree. This Claritycap MR has a completeness to it when used as a single, full-ranged cap. The bass is indeed outstanding, as well as the rest of the frequency spectrum, up into the stratosphere.
Regarding frequency response to the "stratosphere", I will add that when I went back in to make further mods to my crossover, I removed a .01uf/200V Russian teflon bypass cap that I had been using across Claritycap MR in the tweeter section-- and noticed slightly less HF extension & air. I'm going to run in the solder some more and then try reintroducing that small teflon bypass cap.