Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
randy-11982 posts05-19-2017 9:50amI also saw news on a new Class D amp from Constellation with very high switching freq. - dunno if it uses GaN devices...
Very interesting if it does, I thought Technics had a monopoly on them, if so they’d be the first one to start using them, since the Technics SE-R1 started thing off.

Have you a link you can post to this?

Cheers George
I will say, for the form factor, the Mytek is really small, even for a digital amp. I'm VERY curious to know what is inside it. :)  A scaled down nCore? Pair of Pascal amps???? Hmmmm......my screwdrivers scream to be let loose to see inside. :)

I'm such a fanboy Mytek should send me a prototoype. :)

Best,

E
randy-11982 posts05-19-2017 9:50amI also saw news on a new Class D amp from Constellation with very high switching freq. - dunno if it uses GaN devices...

Just checked, just the same as everyone else 600-800khz if they used the new GaN semiconductors it would be 1.5mHz, I wish they did, then that would mean supply to the little folk is available. Technics probably have a monopoly on them for now.
" Its Class D amplifiers use a special topology with ultra-high-frequency 600 kHz switching"

Cheers George

I purchased a ATI AT523NC 3-channel amplifier to drive my center and rear speakers. I will have it tomorrow and post comments shortly.