Denafrips Pontus II 1.4 Firmware

Hi All,

I have a Denafrips Pontus II purchased in 2022.  I love the DAC and haven't wanted to mess with it, but some new equipment has me thinking it might be time to finally upgrade to the 1.4 firmware.  Unfortunately, it looks like Vinshine has dropped their support for it since their split with Denafrips and I can't find it anywhere.  I hope this is allowed, but is anyone with the file and upgrade instructions willing to send them to me?

Thanks in advance!

--Jim.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfeckmo

I updated the firmware on my Gustard dac a few months ago.  The files are available on Gustard's website, but instructions are poor, at best.  I found a video that a guy posted on YouTube.  It was enough to help me figure it out.  Still, I was holding my breath and hoping I didn't brick the dac.  

After my intial post I checked and saw that the zip file contains both Mac and Windows update files.  You just need to verify the correct number on the FGPA.

Outstanding, thank you!  I will check as soon as I get home.  That should be on the daughterboard inside the case, correct?

I think so but I don’t recall it’s been a while since I did it.  There should be videos from Vinshine out in the world that go over the process.