Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
@schubert

"Everybody Creates , it’s human nature ."

Clearly, Schubert, I was referring to artistic creation- not some amorphous "everybody."

Here’s a snippet of a quote from Gordon Torr, a man who knows more than a little about creativity:

"Believing that everyone has the capacity to be just as creative as the next person is as ludicrous as believing that everyone has the capacity to be just as intelligent as the next person, yet it has become almost universally accepted as a truism."

All I’m saying is that it’s much too easy for those who merely consume to denigrate creators. And, at best, it’s tiresome.

One thing that is generally true, though: "Everybody" has an opinion. :)

But to get back on topic, I think Diana Krall is super. :)
ps, thank you for these statements; there is an enormous difference between those who create and those who consume and denigrate, as you so perfectly stated here.  The person who posted the quote from a review referencing Liberace, well that one is worthy of a psychology advanced degree dissertation, so easy for me to see, so difficult for others.  Wait, am I as arrogant as some here?   Could that be true?  But my disdain for critics who have zero talent themselves is unbounded.

Still I marvel that this post, initiated by me, was about a pleasant experience at a live concert event.  Nothing more than that.  BUT, I continue to be fascinated by the drive/urge/compulsion of some to crap all over others.  And at times quite depressed by that same behavior.  

I am a huge fan of DK, no question.  She has an evocative voice and such wonderful phasing... and she plays the piano at the same time.  I have all her recordings.  My pal loves Patty Barber and she is excellent, but to my ears, she is too analytical, but acknowledge that she is fabulous.  Another jazz singer that I absolutely adore is Karen Souza.... her cover of "Every Breath You Take" is fabulous.  
Post removed