Do other DACs do this? Auralic Vega

I have borrowed an Auralic Vega to demo with a view to buy.  However 90% of the time when I first start to use it I get a very brief crackle before the music starts. 

I'm unsure if this is just a DAC thing, or a known issue with this model (although I can't find anything searching), or more to do with how I am feeding it. 

Most music is coming from Apple Music using Firefox Browser on a NUC and fed to the Auralic via USB.

I get the same when first using the Tidal App but seems to be less frequent.

It doesn't do this between tracks, but if I move between Apple Music and the Tidal app it has a good chance of doing it again.

Ultimately I want to upgrade to a streamer, such as the Innuos Pulse Mini, so now wondering if a better source would resolve the issue or whether it could be a better option to give back the Auralic and use the internal DAC on the Innuos.

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated

incoming

The DAC Magic it replaced did not do this. It just sounded terrible in comparison.

Could just be more sensitive to the setup, or faulty. A better USB cable is a thought, with no real downside to try. Will give that a go.

Bummer, sorry to hear that.  Could there be some faulty wiring/ did you try any different cables?  

Nothing to do with cables . You got a defective unit Ask your dealer for a new one

@lapera it may come to that.  I have upgraded network and USB on order so will give it a shot anyway, then if this fix https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/wmmrum/audio_crackling_pop_on_windows_11/ also doesn't work a new DAC would be the goal