Does Every Track Sound Great on Your System?

How do you know if it is the recording or your system?

By way of example with a focus on bass, for some songs I like the amount of bass, then another song I feel like it needs more bass to hit harder, and then another song I feel like there is too much bass and it is boomy. Does that ever happen to you? I feel like I am getting the treble sorted out, but going back and forth on the bass.

Can anyone listen to the first 20 second of the song Temptation by Diana Krall from the Girl In The Other Room album and let me know if there is a bass component that is a bit much? The vocals sound good so no issue there.

Thanks.

12many

Thanks all.  Good info.  My issue is not so much about a poor quality recording, just that some good recordings are coming across with a bit too much bass energy, while other sound good, even when they have bass content.  It may be the room or speaker positions or me - maybe I am not accepting enough of the artists/mixers choice to have more bass in some parts of the song.  I don't have subs in my system, but did have this issue before when using subs.  

Shortly sayin’

Maan -- I wish, but it’s not my overall goal.

I have a large number of inferior recordings and line-up of Pink Floyd bootlegs from their live concerts. Live in Pompeii sounds awful on all tracks, but it’s not what I’m really after in this case. I ADORE their early sound no matter how poorly it was recorded back then.

@12many , I prefer EQ to solve the inter recording bass variance problem. To each their own. 
@baylinor , I’m not putting down Schiit equalizers. I just saying there’s a world of better sounding and more powerful studio equalizers that can creatively but easily be implemented in a hi fi playback environment to get incredulous results. Audiophiles often won’t go there as Loki Max is the only “audiophile “ EQ out there. Just trying to broaden audiophile’s horizons to a better way is all. 

OP     Can anyone listen to the first 20 second of the song Temptation by Diana Krall from the Girl In The Other Room album and let me know if there is a bass component that is a bit much?

Below is my system video. Do you think the bass is too much? Alex/WTA

Very good sound through my system...😊

Below is my system video. Do you think the bass is too much? Alex/WTA