Does raising speaker cables off the floor really make a big difference?

My cables are laying on the floor (in a mess), would raising them off the floor really make much of a difference? The problem is they are quite wide and too long  http://mgaudiodesign.com/planus3.htm so any suggested props are appreciated!  Cheers
spoutmouzert

Yes, at very least it keeps your cables clean, and makes it easier to clean the floor.

"...interacts with the photons traveling down the cable dielectric..." That statement alone tells you all you need to know. Sorry, but photons don't travel down the dielectric. Not in our universe, anyway.

it is depend what kind a speakers to use.   If you have cheap speakers like Bosh or any Tekton less them $1000, the raising cable dont make any difference, but if you have  expensive  especially more than  10 grand  , ---spend more couple hundred American dollars  for cable support ,and you will get HUGE  sound improvement  

I have the AudioQuest Fog lifters, and to me, they look pretty cool. They are relatively inexpensive (8 for-$149) and DO seem to tighten the image somewhat.

ozzy