Dreaming of a DIY 8W Class A amp designed by Nelson Pass?

I've never built one, or heard them but this kit looks fun as hell, and includes everything you need:

https://diyaudiostore.com/collections/frontpage/products/amp-camp-amp-kit?variant=7072933085218
erik_squires
Well if the Mean Well SMPS is good enough for Nelson Pass, then perhaps it’s good enough for us 🧐
I think it was meant to bring the cost of the kit down to enable more people to experiment with the First Watt type circuit.  The power supply in an amp is a significant part of the cost and increases the size of the chassis.  In fact, I think the power supply is at least 50% of how good an amp really is.
@grannyring that is true, but we all know what an over designed power supply can do for the sq of an amp ( any product, actually ). @erik_squires , as an individual who has not found Pass to be your cup of tea, I believe this ACA kit will change your mind, at least understand, what Nelson is all about. I say go for it. I am also, apologizing to you, for my recent negativity I have shown you. Your threads are always interesting, and the " meter " one, is hilarious. Always, Enjoy ! MrD.
@erik_squires , as an individual who has not found Pass to be your cup of tea, I believe this ACA kit will change your mind

<< sigh >> I can't tell you guys how sad I am that I actually don't have the time and energy to try this kit.

I built a pair of the current 2.0 version for a bedroom system, substituting Audio Note electrolytic and ClarityCap film coupling caps, Welwyn resistors, and silver wiring throughout.  It's an easy build and a sweet-sounding and resolving amp.  Apart from its power limitation, it acquits itself honorably relative to the XA-160.8 monoblocks in my main system.