Ebay selling my missing amplifier

8 months ago I sent an amplifier to europe for upgrades. The amp went missing and there were investigations that went unresolved. I happened to be searching on ebay and noticed the amp and when I magnified it Bingo the serial number was same. It is an ebay seller store that is listing it. Ebay has not yet responded after several attempts. What next?

128x128snook2

@snook2 - I feel like this is a mystery that should not be a mystery at all. "Paperwork" is a pseudonym for a record that is stored in and and immediately accessible by computer. Snook2, are you original owner of this amp? If not, did you buy it from an individual or a business? I ask because if this was a straightforward purchase then you can prove title easily, and it they have that amp with matching serial number, then you can recover it straightaway. Did you insure it? If so, for how much? Did they pay any claim that you filed yet? If yes, game likely over, if no, then it sounds like you’ll get your amp back or you can file a suit that you would win if this was a simple verifiable purchase, plus your attorney fees too. A no-brainer for something this costly -- unless, perhaps, your amp is somehow, and very unlikely, itself counterfeit.

This is one of the most confusing and puzzling posts I've ever followed on Audiogon.  

Given how expensive that Dartzeel is and having after 8 months gotten nowhere compensation wise, it makes sense to buy a $400 plane ticket to Missouri, meet up with one of the local constabulary, and with proof of ownership with you pay Cargo Largo a visit and personally take it back. And no, eBay isn’t selling your gear. Someone is using eBay as a medium to sell your gear. You sure are matter of fact about this whole ordeal. You must have a ton more money than me, because I'd be flippin' out and doing everything I could.