Emotiva T1 Towers - Audiophile Quality or Just Home Theatre Towers?

I don't have an Emotiva dealer near me but the few reviews out there are pretty positive of these Emotiva T1 towers. Have the AMT ribbon tweeter like Golden Ears but a faction of the cost at $700/pr.  Has anyone demoed these? Heard them side-by-side against more expensive speakers? Are they just punchy rock speakers or for home theatre, or are they transparent enough for classical, jazz?  

Thanks for any comments 
kansas400

Have had the T1 speakers since they came out and use them in the T1/C1 5-channel configuration mentioned above. For TV and movies, use the 5-channel config. For music (from JRiver) select the "Direct" option out of an Emotiva XMC-1 using only the T1 pair. They are coupled to a HSU Research subwoofer (a big 15" unit).

The two speakers are acceptable for audiophile-quality listening to demanding orchestral feeds. For popular music they are virtually perfect.

Use this system in the winter, then, in the summer, move to a stereo system using Tekton's Double Impact speakers and the new RME ADI-2 DAC (what a converter!). since I listen to each system daily for a 6-month period, can state with certainty that the T1s are very good and the Double Impacts are excellent (a clear step up).

But, for the price, the T1s are unmatched in my opinion. BTW, have dealt with Emotiva for over 6 years and they are an honest and straightforward company.

another Klipsch that you might consider are the RF82II .they get discounted alot lately.Right Now onEbay they can be had for $365.00 each with free shipping ..sometimes cheaper
Craigl59,

The RME dac looks interesting. Have you used the dsp options? What have you compared it to? 
Thanks
The T1's are unmatched?  Please name the 14 or 15 competitors you've compared them with double blind tests.  Lets try to keep the comments accurate.

Saying that this 700 dollar speaker is so good that you "doubt that most people could tell the difference" is just silly.  The Triton One's go down to 14 Hz and will take up to 400 honest amplifier watts to the Emotiva's 150.  The T1's have the usual budget compromises in cabinet design, speaker connection cup, drivers, etc.  

They may or may not be a decent speaker for the money, but it's a crowded market place, I've always preferred to go with an actual speaker company over a jack of all trades company that orders its products from Chinese factories.  

I bought components form Emotiva in the past.  They build to a price point, just like everyone else.
mofojo:
Have two home studios and use RME products in both, currently their UCX and UFX converters. The ADI-2 DAC is different in that it has all dsp functions only addressable through the unit controls. The other RME ad/da converters use the TotalMix computer interface -- an industry standard.
SO, there are substantial EQ and other DSP functions in the DAC but the interface keeps me from experimenting with them until May when I get back to my stereo system. All of these options are detailed on the RME website and DSP controls work effortlessly on the older units I employ.
However, have now had 3 days with the unit running very dense orchestral feeds and can tell you it is the REAL THING. Check it out.
For comparisons to standard consumer DACs, see the Gearslutz website and check out the reviews for the RME ADI-Pro 2. There are many comparisons to Schiit, Benchmark, and others. The ADI-2 DAC has the same circuitry for DA conversion as the ADI-Pro 2. The only differences are small improvements made to jitter and analog circuitry in the newer DAC.