Ethernet Cables - what are you using and why?

Curious about what everyone is doing for their streaming systems in terms of Ethernet cables. I know some people who swear by expensive models, but anecdotally it seems that folks care a lot less about Ethernet than they do about interconnects, AC, or even USB cables. 

I'm a believer but at the moment run a relatively affordable model that I might be looking to upgrade. Let's hear your thoughts.

tubeguy80

Triode wire labs freedom ethernet cables. Custom lengths of over 6 ft from my wifi extender to ethernet switch via optical fiber and shortest possible 16" length from ethernet switch to streamer. Excellent setup. Streaming sounds as good as vinyl. Made in USA.

I found that Ag plated copper wire ethernet cables make a nice improvement in the sound of streaming.  Some can be had for just 5x the price of basic cheap ethernet cables.  For short runs that isn't too bad.  I run AQ Vodka to my streamer/player now from the audio grade network switch.  The cables from the modem to router to network switch are AQ Cinnamon.  The Vodka is a thick, stiff cable.  The connectors are impressive looking and strong.  Don't try using this cable in something with a plastic chassis.

Streaming 4K can for sure benefit from good ethernet cables.  What a shame if some high end HT systems are not using better ethernet cables.  I bought a long CAT 7 cable to run across the house from my listening room network switch to the HT system as an experiment.  It made a significant upgrade to the streaming picture.  It took me the better part of a day to run that cable through the walls, under the house and over to the HT system but well worth it.  I have a Ag plated copper wire ethernet cable going from the wall to the Apple TV box.  Would that I could buy a silver plated ethernet cable to run across the house.  But I am very pleased with the picture.

Triplite 8. I want to try this $50 10’ cat 45 cable on Amazon. I just have not felt I needed to even try it. I know these cables and network switches make a huge difference. I would rather spend that money treating the room. Which I am slowly doing so I don’t waste money over treating parts of the room.