Eversolo or Aurender: Options and Opinions

As the title implies, I am in the market for a new digital transport and some feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am currently using a Lumin D1 with SBooster LPS into a Denafrips Ares II. I have upgraded the Ares II to a Denafrips Iris DDC feeding a Pontus II. Because of this I need a streamer with USB digital output. My first choice is either an Aurender N100C or N100H, but recently I added Eversolo to the options. Eversolo came into the picture because of the early hype and the reasonable cost of new products. However, recently, along with a noticeable absence of used Aurender products, there has also been a noticeable uptick in Eversolo products on the used market.

I have two questions.

1. Assuming that Aurender is my first choice, are there other USB transport options in the under $2,000.00 range that I should consider?

2. Why did the initial Eversolo hype seem to age so quickly, if the number of recent additions to the used market is any indication?

Please understand that the additions of the Iris and Pontus have significantly impacted my retirement's disposable income, so suggestions of much more expensive options aren't of any use to me.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

128x128tony1954

$1100- import duties likely to not increase that toomuch! I was looking at CanuckAudioMart, which I believe owns USAudioMart. Just an example.

For fun, from the website https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html , I estimated your duties and taxes as approximately $262 Canadian, assuming a $1400 C purchase price.

I would suggest the DMP-A6 (not the A6 ME, nor the A8) as a server.  Used should be fine.  All three are essentially the same server, although the A8 does have an upgraded power supply, but I doubt most of us could pick out the better one in an A/B test.  I found the quality of the server to be great.  The DAC portion, with all the various adjustable attributes, is a decent fall back DAC.  Find a DAC that you truly like to pair with it.  

This option gives you a decent streamer with an amazing app that makes streaming FUN.  The SSD option also allows you to load your CDs and play them on the streamer.  The DAC is the area with the greatest opportunity for future improvement.  Keeping it as a separate gives you options.

@jallan 

I did the same calculation on the same site, but of course because it is a government site there is NEVER exactly what you need or so much grey area that you don't really know if what you are doing actually reflects reality.

Did you notice that there is a general category of "electronics", but as to a specific item there is nothing close to a music server.

@tony1954 

Take a look at  stjarnholm review on you tube he hit the nail on the head so to speak.