External Power Supply For My Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport

I have an Audiolab 6000CDT cd transport.  I'm wondering if an external power supply would boost its performance.

I purchased and installed a Teddy Pardo power supply for my Bluesound Node and got a huge leap in performance.  I'm wondering if a power supply mod for my Audiolab cd transport would boost the performance there.

I'm running an Audio Research Reference DAC along with the Audiolab 6000CDT cd transport.
How do bigger external power supplies improve source components?

128x128mitch4t

I'd just like to take a moment and remind everybody that the prevalence of SMPS in digital applications is because they make absolutely no performance difference in the digital domain. And the low-voltage/multi Gigahertz requirements there are not insubstantial, far greater than the low bandwidth requirements of audio.

@kijanki  Benchmark reduced noise by 10dB by switching from linear power supply in DAC1 to SMPS in DAC2 and DAC3.  SMPS ... can be wonderful if done right.  My Benchmark AHB2 has SMPS and is very quiet.

PS Audio gear is switching to SMPS as well, according to Mr. Paul McGowan. Both the iFi iPower X and iPower 2 are SMPS with 1 microvolt (µV) ripple noise, while audiophile grade LPS typically has noise levels in a range of 25-100 µV. Technology advances, folks, just like class D.

+1 for upgrading to a better transport instead. To make up your mind just compare the internal components of 6000 CDT to, for example Teac VRDS 701T or Jays Audio transports. 

A properly designed SMPS may have lower noise than a linear supply, but how much noise do they radiate to other equipment?

So, you want to ensure that every piece of gear, wire, and cable is properly shielded. Aside from that, I also dislike the heat generated by LPS. I had a 5V/1A LPS before, and the heat it produced was unbelievable—worse than my Class A/B amp. Btw, the toroidal transformer inside may hum.