Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara
Al - I have the Signature version of the 70/70 with the enclosed chasis, so I'm not sure the non-signature version would be the same. I say this because I shared this tweak with Audiogoner "Waltersalas"... and he was unable to get his 70/70 mk III to work the way I was able to.

In my case, I removed all 4 output tubes closest to the front of the amp, leaving only the 4 output tubes closest to the rear of the amp. Brent said removing either the front or back row of 300B's would work.

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

It sounds so good this way, that I will be sticking with this 30/30 configuration as long as I have efficient speakers like the Daedalus.
Paul,
What are you actually hearing differently in the 30/30 format that you don`t with the 70/70?
Regards,
I'd love to have some WE300b's for my Cary 805C's but i'm not willing to spend $2400 for the pair. The new Psvane WE300b replicas have caught my attention. Have any of you guys/girls been able to listen to these new W.E. replicas? Or at least been able to find any reviews on them?

Thanks
I am done with RP's, see my earlier posts please.

Charles1dad waiting for his pair, as far as I know, its all depending on how fast Sophia arange the replacement pair.

Hey guys, anyone of you knows that STC 4300B tubes actually can be used as direct 300B replacement?
These are so rare that I dont think we ever see anyone here to post something about it, but I just thought to mention this would be interesting.

Another, less exciting news, is that Takatsuki going to be much expensiver soon, say around JPY 30.000 = USD360 more than now, so, if you want to order, do it now.

THX