First impressions of new MH-DA006, Musetec flagship

I have received the 006 almost a week ago and have been breaking it in. The price at Shenzhenaudio is $3,900.00 USD, $600 more than the 005. The ad copy states:

"DA006 is a new generation of flagship DAC developed by Musetec over three years and launched in 2024. During this period, it has undergone more than ten revisions and adjustments.

Compared to the previous DA005, the listening experience of DA006 has been improved in all aspects. DA006 has clearer and richer details, a stronger sense of texture, a more stable sound base, better detail control, a wider soundstage, fuller and more powerful, smoother and more natural. . ."

Some brief listening during break in has been very very positive. I will report back when it has run at least 300 hours.

dbb

Thanks for the write up, this thing looks interesting. I tried a few of the older ones (2nd and 4th gen if I recall correctly) and they were promising. But didn't seem fully baked quite yet. The 6 seems like it might be more fully realized. 

@sns  Thanks for the tips on tubes.I ordered direct from Musetec.  It took about 4 days to ship.

@v-fi  I feel I am still offering my initial impressions, not final conclusions. I had another episode of software instability tonight. Did some reloading of streamer settings and rebooting then all was well. I assume a driver update will take care of this. I'm also getting some high frequency excess on a familiar recording that has caused me to question my preamp. My instinct tells me with the right adjustments in my system this dac will be phenomenonal. I'm not there yet. I need more time.

@mitch2  Which of these DAC's have you heard?  I noticed you are doing a comparison in another thread with the Aero how is that coming along?  Is the Aero able to compete with the other DAC's?

@dbb How did you order direct from Musetec, via exchange of emails?  I've never seen purchasing portal at their website.

I'm not happy with Shenzhen, misspoke the other day, actually ordered 9/27, have inquiry in to them for over two days, no response. I may cancel order and go direct through Musetec if I don't hear from them immediately.