Freak Me Out

I am looking for a CD that is very strange and exciting at the same time.Weird music,sound effects,good sound quality etc.Anyone know where Im coming from?
david99
Lots to pick from/ hard to guess what will bounce off and what will be absorbed (BTW Trout Mask and Future Days are incredibly deluxe!!!)... here are a few more:
Herbie Hancock-Sextant
Ruins-Burning Stone
Tipographica-Tipographica
Harriet Tubman-Prototype
Massacre-Killing Time, Funny Valentine, Meltdown
Fermata-Fermata
Frank Zappa-Waka Jawaka
Crater-Proceed
Kollektiv-Kollektiv
Dr. Nerve-Skin
Blast-Stringy Rugs
Holger Czukay- On The Way To The Peak Of Normal
Squarepusher-Feed Me Weird Things
Great thread ~!
LOL! Pehare is on to you already!!!

I wanted to be first to say "Trout Mask Replica" but was beaten to it. Although more mainstream, Capt Beefheart's "Clear Spot" album is a solid recommendation in the wierdness stakes.

The other night I was at a guy's place who had an awesome setup consisting of MBL 101's powered by Gryphon electronics. The soundstage was _spooky_ real.

He was a big fan of Japanese manga cartoons and anime movies. He played a soundtrack from the anime movie "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence". Wow - I listen to all kinds of music from Bach to Bjork, but I had never heard *anything* like this! An incredible amalgam of sound effects, synths, japanese choral music in staccato voices, and stuff that just defies description.

You can also check out Bjork, she's done some pretty fascinating work, my fave would be "Vespertine"

Also take a listen to Fratres by East European composer Arvo Part. (the Flanders Fiamminghi Orchestra on Telarc is the definitive reading IMHO)

Happy hunting,
Mick
Thanks all!!
Since I started this thread 6 years ago,I'm too old now to be freaked out..Gotta watch the ticker!!
How about the soundtrack to "The Lost Highway"?? A good one!
Check out a Cd that was voted best Progressive Rock Cd the year it came out "A Place in the Queue" by The Tangent. Very ecletic with music ranging from cocktail jazz to synthesizer infused rock.
Squarepusher! Wow Duane you are really branching out. You gotta check out David Torn's new album, it's kinda a freakout itself.