Furutech fuse

Back story. I find the prices of Synergistic fuses extortion. Like someone charging $100 for a cup of water in the desert. The product may have value as a tweak, the materials do not justify the price to me. 

However, ever the tweaker, I succumbed to buying a $40 Furutech 20mm 4 amp fuse for my preamp.

It’s rhodium plated OFC.

I tried it in both directions. Yes, it sounded more coherent in one direction than the other. I ran it for about 10 hours.

I did not like the sound. Etched and dry with reduced bass. I swapped back the original.

128x128noromance

Showing 1 response by toolbox149

OP I share your dislike of the Furutech fuses. I tried them in two different units and in both cases I thought the fuses muffled the mids and highs coming out of my speakers.
IMHO a great alternative is Furutech’s little brother,,,, the Padis fuse.  Unlike the Furutech sound, the Padis fuses stike me as sounding very close to the SR Blue sound - open, airy, detailed with great bass, only at about $35 a fuse which includes shipping fron Germany.  Now-a-days, when I bring in a new piece of equipment and want to upgrade the fuse, the first place I look is to Padis to see if Padis offers a fuse in my size.  If not, then I look to pIck up a SR Blue. 
The big downside of Padis is that they are very limited in the Amp ratings they offer. Why they don’t offer fuses in all the amp ratings is beyond me. They’ve been offering the same fuse ratings and sizes for the last two years, so it doesn’t seem to me like they’re going out of business. Maybe if we started an email writing campaign.
You can only get them from their German distributer on eBay.
And for the worring kind,, they are PSE, SEMKO, & UL rated.

Toolbox