Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
T_bone,

Many thanks for your kind imput. I'm now feeling slightly more informed about the Glanz and their history. I just need to play them in other conditions in order to have a definitive view on their performance but, at the moment, the G5 sounds a superior cartridge to its G7 sibling.

All information will be gratefully received. Speaking of which, if anyone could find the official performance specifications for the G5 and G7 (other than the information on the cartridge database or Vinyl Engine, which are not as helpful here as I would wish) I would really appreciate the related information.

Thanks again
Hi Ddriveman,

I've not actually heard the MFG71E or L. However, the specifications are not as good as those for the G5 and G7: although specifications don't always tell the full tale.

Why, have you seen one on your horizon?
Hi All,

My MM/MI cartridge shortlist is now in its final penultimateness (?). I'm down to my Glanz G5, Glanz G7, Technics EPC-P100c Mk4 and Audio Technica ATML-170 OCC.

How good are these? Well, I have sold or am in the process of selling on eBay my B&O MMC2, Audio Technica AT20 SLa, Empire EDR9, Empire 1080 LT, Nagaoka MP50 (with 2 unused and original NOS spare styli), Lyra Parnassus Dct moving coil, Sumiko Andante P76, Audio Technica ATML-160 OCC, Denon DL103d moving coil, Empire Ltd 750, Astatic MF100, Empire 900 GT (with 2 unused, original NOS spare styli), Ortofon M20FL, Spectral Moving Coil Reference, ADC XLM-1 integra, Music Maker 3, Audio Technica ATF5 moving coil.

My Azden YM-P50VL and YM-P50E have not really had the time to be judged and so could still make the list. Although this is obviously a reflection of my own taste, it says something about the quality of the four remaining contenders. More soon, or as soon as I can give all of them a fair run for my money.

Bliss
Hi All,

Just to alert you all that there is an Astatic MF100 cartridge currently for sale here on Audiogon. The seller says he also has spares.

It's close to the Glanz G5 and some might actually prefer it. Worth looking into!