Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Hi Nandric,

True, but I thought the actual auction answered your point and so felt it insignificant.

As always...
"Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in".

Axel has revamped an Acutex 420 STR and sent it to me. When put on an Audio Technica MG-10 magnesium headshell on my AC3300 LB, it is simply a great cartridge. I recommend anyone who already owns this cartridge to consider sending it to Axel for changes.

A worthy contender

As always...
Dear Dgob, Are you mad at MM thread? To my knowledge the
stylus and the cantilever by Acutex 420 are pretty good
so I assume that one or the other was broken? Or deed you
order by Axel the 'exotic' beryllium or boron cantilever and
Gyger 2 stylus? Otherwise I dont't understand what Axel could improve on.

Regards,
Hi Acman3,

Just ask him to make the adjustments that he made to my (Desmond Bailey) 420. I can see that this involves a new stylus and cantilever but am not certain what else it involves. I know that the last revamp had his most exotic and expensive stylus but I was not fully satisfied with this. Unlike that shibata tip this one is elliptical (I know this denies logic) and the performance is much warmer (more midrange detail) while maintaining the tracking and staging abilities of the original. I hope this helps and let me know if I can be of any assistance or how it goes for you.

As always...