GutWire Ultimate Grounding Cable

With the recent reviews, and positive reports from a couple of members here, I decided to take the plunge and order one. 

https://audiobacon.net/2017/12/09/gutwire-perfect-ultimate-ground-cables-review/

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/gutwire/1.html

Like others I have been intrigued by the positive reviews for grounding blocks from various companies, but the prices are prohibitive. I decided to spend the extra $100 for the Ultimate over the Perfect as both reviews say it offers significant improvement. I am planning on plugging it into an unused RCA input on my Antique Sound Labs autoformer passive pre. I'll post updates after I get it, and have broken it in.

tommylion
Dave, Great question, I would think a single route to ground from multiple components would be beneficial?
 Tommylion,

I have the ultimate  ground coming also. Thanks for posting. I wasn't aware of the Gutwire grounding cables until I noticed your post and read all the positive reviews here and the stereo mag reviews.

I will post back after I get the cable and get some break in on it. Thanks again.

Sorry to have disappeared. Simply missed the follow ups until now.

Lalit - interesting finding with your Nordost grounding gear. Any theories as to why?

klh007 - I would agree that running multiple components through the same grounding cable to the same grounding point should reduce ground differential between those components, thus potentially reducing the noise floor.

I recently added a SR Active Grounding Block and am amazed by the resulting improvement in sound quality. Blacker background, more relaxed and refined highs, and a wider and deeper soundstage with improved layering between instruments/performers.

I have been experimenting with different DIY grounding cables (varying gauges of copper, silver, and silver-coated copper wire) from the Active GB to components and the differences can be clearly heard. Don’t understand why but it is so. So far, of what I have tried, I prefer 18 gauge 99.99% pure silver wire in a Teflon tube.

Dave
  Tommylion,

I received the Gutwire ultimate  ground today and put it in my system connecting it to my pre amp. The first thing I noticed was a lowering of the noise floor, blacker background.

Sorry for the audiophile terms but that's how it was. I considered my system excellent sounding prior to the ultimate ground. I was surprised to say the least. The other things I noticed were basically as Tommylion described, increased transparancey, more  musical details revealed., better resolution.

There was a slight glare but that will be gone with a little break in as already mentioned by other members. I will be buying another one for my phono pre at some point. I am thrilled with the results of this cable.

I am now of the view that most are living with noise in their systems they are not aware of, like me before the insertion of the Ultimate ground.