Hardwoodfloors and Spikes

What's the best to use under speakers on hardwoodfloors? Spikes with a base of some type under it or a "rubber" type foot?
128x128lextek
I've had the best results with spikes; I've always found it better to couple the speaker with spikes that to de-couple with a soft material like "rubber" or sorbothane. If you want to protect the appearance of the floor, use a spike cup (or even nickels) under the spikes; you'll still get fairly decent coupling. I'm currently having great success with Walker Audio Valid Points terminating onto Walker Audio 1/2" resonance control discs under my Eidolons on hardwood floors.
Just put something beneath it. Some people use Nickles, some people might put the speaker on a slab of granite with felt beneath to protect the floor, and then some spikes come with small trays that sit below the spike to keep it from damaging the floor.

Rubber feet are always the worst way to go in my opinion, if you have hardwood floors you should still use the spikes but put something beneath them to protect them.
I've been very happy with the conecoasters I bought from soundanchors.com, they work great with spikes and hardwood floors!! Hope this helps!