Hegel H360 or H590 or Constellation Inspiration Integrated 1.0 for Magico A3

I recently heard the Magico A3s and really liked them. The dealer said they are often combined with the Constellation Inspiration Integrated 1.0 at shows. After a lot of searching on Google, I can't find any pictures or reference to this combination. However, I did find a number of references to the A3s being combined with Hegel amps, including by Alon Wolf who said it would be a very good combination and led the author of the article to speculate that the A3s may have been "voiced" by Magici using the Hegel H360. I have not yet been able to listen to the A3s with either the Hegel H360 or H590 or the Constellation amp. I would be interested in everyone's thoughts as to the best integrated amplifier for the A3s for $13,500 (the price of the Constellation amp) or less.
iar

Showing 6 responses by denon1

Iar, thank for the info. The thing with hegel  that worries me is the build quality. I had their integrated and second from the H30 amplifier and they both had loud transformer bass and smell. The Hegel build is not in the same league as Luxman 509x or Gryphon or even Pass.  I actually like the sound of Luxman 509x, its very refined and natural, but I think its a little underpowered to make my canton reference 3k fully open and sing at a higher volume levels.
Melbguyone, you seem to know a great deal about Vitus brand and others. How reliable the Vitus RI-101? Is it on the same level of luxman, accuphase, gryphon? I don’t think we have service in US from Vitus, this is the only thing that stops me from considering new vitus integrated. I currently have luxman 509x driving canton reference 3k speakers. I like the sound but feel that on a higher volume levels it should be more relaxed, and instead it just gets loud with some harshness that I don’t hear at lower levels. To me its a sign that I need more power to drive my speakers maintaining the same level of refinement that luxman provides. I had Gryphon Diablo 300 before, that bested pass INT-250 but had to sell it to urgently come up with cash. I liked the Gryphon sound even so it was little on a darker side, but will not consider Gryphon again, because it must be shipped on the pallet only by freight. So Vitus or T+A integrated left to consider. No separates for me. Your adivse is very appreciated.

Melboneguy, thank you for the info about Vitus, very informative. I contact Vitus dealer to try to get a demo of RI-101.

Iar, as I said , I had Gryphon diablo 300 in my house for 7 months. Terrific integrated, sounds close to life music that I here at the venues - speakers synergy important so. The only negative I would say that at the low levels I clearly heard its loosing its famous micro details. Btw Luxman 509x is great at the low levels. Based on my hands on/home experiences this is my rating so far of the integrated I had for the last 10 years:

1. Gryphon Diablo 300 2.Luxman 509x. 3.Pass INT-250. 4.Accuphase E-470. 5.Pass INT-60 6.Gamut DI-150 7. Plinius Hiato. 8.Jeff Rowland 500.

Synergy with speakers, cables and good power also very important to make those integrated sound their best.

Respected_int, I did hear the luxman 590axii but not in my system 
The 509x had better bass and more resolving. The 590 midrange more blooming, but Bass is a little weak. Unless you running with berry efficient speakers I would go with 509x, but if you already have 590, I would audition 509x at home if possible before buying it.
Audiotroy, are there any audible sonic differences between 
T+A PV 3000 and PV 3100?
Melbguyone, do you know retail price of Vitus R-101 without DAC section in US?