Help! Power question

My "rig" is plugged into an outlet that is all by itself on it's own breaker in the box. All equipment is plugged into a power conditioner/surge protector (Furman).   About a month ago, new central air unit was installed into my house.   Now, whenever the air kicks on, the foobar player on pc driving rig and the DAC (Chord Qute) freezes and i have to turn both off and back on.  

What is going on!!!!!! why is the surge protector not working! and the whole thing is on it's own circuit!

Thank You Very Much
128x128vpbank24h
Have your AC company add a start kit on the compressor, if not already added. Should not be needed with scroll compressors, but should help with starts. Also, have them double check wire size for the unit, just in case.
ghosthouse
I’m wondering if power draw when the A/C kicks on is causing a temporary sag in overall house voltage/current.
That is certainly possible, and something the electric utility could remedy after a "beast of burden" test to establish current delivery. But that kind of test is usually made at the service entrance, so it won’t reveal problems elsewhere in the system. That’s why it’s a good idea to check that first.

Current delivery (ampacity) is something audiophiles often overlook. For example, it’s a common assumption that if you have a 200A service panel, then you have 200A of current to distribute. But that is mistaken. The 200A rating only means that the panel can safely distribute that much current; it is no assurance that the utility is able to deliver that much current. In practice, a utility will often fall far short of being able to deliver that much current on demand.

How many amps is your electric panel rated for? It should be at least 200 amps!
yogiboy
How many amps is your electric panel rated for? It should be at least 200 amps!
Irrelevant. There's no inherent correlation between the rating of a service panel and the utlity's ability to deliver current. Please see my previous post, which is three above this one.