Help with Icepower 1200as2 amp please!

Hello everyone! I am having an issue with my Icepower 1200as2 module. I have ran this amp for a few years and all of a sudden it starts going into a standby mode, then comes back on for a little while, then back to standby even when a signal is passing through. When I first built this DIY project using the 1200as2 module, I hooked up 2 LEDS on the front of the chassis. When first powering up the amp, the amber LED would light up until a signal was picked up through the RCA interconnects circuitry?  So if I wasn't playing anything through the amp, the amber LED would light up and stay on until a signal was detected. I really don't want to trash the module, so if I can get some help to perhaps fix this issue, I'd be very grateful and appreciative! Thanks for any help!

Best,

Jacques

jacquesw

@gregdude 

I have taken a photo of the module where I am hearing this clicking/voltage sound. I'm not sure which component it is though, and not sure where I could begin to probe!

photo of module where this clicking is coming from

OP:

It sounds like you are a beginner to this and this may be a bad way to get your feet wet.  Please be careful as there are some lethal voltages in there. 

Honestly I wish you'd learn more from other projects than this one. 

Best,

Erik

Erik is right, one of those components is labeled 305 volts ac! Donget zapped, it's not as fun as Scott Baio made it look 🙂

While I appreciate the comments, I wouldn't call myself a beginner! I'd never start messing around with any electrical component, especially while live, unless I was absolutely positively certain I knew a little something about it. I'm not saying I have a degree in electronics, or otherwise I wouldn't be asking for some help or guidance with troubleshooting this amp module. I just thought that perhaps someone here may have had some experience with the issue I am having with my ice amp, that would be willing to give me some guidance. But I do appreciate you guys for trying to help out!   

@erik_squires 

Could you suggest to me in your opinion what would be the best build using the following components? Hypex Ncore, NcoreX, Nilai, Purify Eigentakt, and I believe the NCxMP version will be out soon. From what I have gathered, these components would blow my icepower 1200as2 amp out the water? I was also considering a pair of the Audiophonics MPA-M400ET Power Amplifier Class D Mono Purifi 1ET400A 1x400W 4 Ohm. Thanks for any advice!