High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
Hello akgwhiz and klh007,

In looking back on my audio/video systems over the past almost 50 years and participating on this forum for the past 8 years,  I realize I've learned a lot from reading but I believe I've learned just as much, if not more, from just being a bit adventurous and gaining more useful and relevant knowledge by seeking out audio and video experiences as much as I could. 
     As the hip and woke kids say today according to my addled, old man imagination:
"Get yer caboose off dat cushion and go for a good audition."

What does all this hipness have to do with the topic of tubes and class D amps on the previous 2 posts? Well, if you're curious, the best way to learn and experience the overall sound quality combination is to go for an audition, or take advantage of a free in-home trial period in your own system and room.
     You be the sonic adventurer, learner and discoverer.  There will be no need for verbal descriptions or using our less than accurate imaginations. You'll be able to very thoroughly know the actual sound quality results and make a very informed decision about whether or not you prefer a touch of coloration with your main dish character of very neutral typically delivered from a class D amp.

Best wishes,
    Tim   
I THINK the tubes in PSA M1200s are specific. Not sure what the availability of other brands would be for rolling. 

I have owned many different class D amps for over a decade. A few I would say would have benefited from a romantic tube somewhere in the system, BUT, D has gotten much better, especially in the high freqs, to where, IMHO, changing cables would be the better option. The Cable Company would be a good source to try a variety of cables

I have a Tweakaudio EVS 1200, which uses the same IcePower AS1200 modules as PS Audio M1200, but are highly tweaked by Tweakaudio. No tubes anywhere in my system, and it's very detailed without being edgy

hth
@akgwhiz, I own a Rogue Medusa and rolling tubes makes a moderate but noticeable difference in tone, and extension at the extremes, I have a pair of Mazda 12AU7s in mine.
They’re just 12AU7’s.

AVM use unique tubes in their integrated and power amps.
Thanks for adding your experiences with D amps, specifically hybrids which hold my interest.  I have a Sphinx integrated now and have 2 sets of tubes on the way to roll (including the Mazdas...).  One thing I failed to mention, concerning auditions, is that I live in Anchorage AK.  There is ONE store in town that has ONE Primaluna  amp on the floor.  Seattle is over 2000 mi away.  Unless Best Buy counts!  Sure, some shipping back and forth possible but likely a few hundred $ per pop in the returned case as many vendors treat us as NOT continental USA.  Trying real hard to wittle down to a few lines/implementations.   So far as I can tell,  every line mentioned using tubes is using them as input buffers.  Only Rogue is doing (apparently) it different in their TubeD models by putting them "within" the Hypex module.  No EE here, but was wondering if thats potentially a sonic step change from their previous buffer input style models like the Sphynx/Paroah.  OK, back to the thread.