How far away from your speakers are you?

I thought it would be interesting to know how people position their speakers... do you have the freedom to put them where you want or do practicalities dictate?.. How far away are they from the listening position?.. How big's the room and how far away are they from boundary walls? My main speakers (Seas A26) are 1' from back wall, 3' from sides in a 14' by 20' room and my listening position is  about 16' from the speakers. Just wondering how much floor space we're willing to give up to get the optimum placement.
pragmasi
You can sit in one space for years.  And then get the idea
of moving just an inch or two closer to the speakers.
And everything changes, magically.
My speakers are 16’ apart and I sit on the couch between them or stand about 10’ in front of them. This is condo/wife/practicality. It soundstages flat as a pancake but images are well defined, recording dependent. Don’t feel sorry for me. It’s a master at grabbing hold of music and making me dance. Counterintuitively the quality of the gear is super critical because of the distancing. My previous Vandersteen 3A Sigs with Ayre amp and ARC Ref 3 pre could not even create a well defined center image and showed just how mid-fi that combo was.
My speakers and I form an equilateral triangle. They are 9.5’ apart, center to center with toe-in directly at me. I sit 9.5’ from them.
The front baffles are 4’ from the front wall.
Check out my system pics to see.
Mine are about 5 feet from side walls, 3 feet from back of speaker to wall, speakers are angled in so I can just see the inner sides of speakers, It's been awhile since I measured how far they are apart but my sitting position is roughly the same distance as the speakers are apart. It is so system dependent if I'm using my Quads they sound best with just a slight bit of toe in, pretty much all my other speakers I use the current toe in where I can barley see the inner side of the speaker. 
There are formulas for speaker placement.  I thing audience or audio physics has this information on their website.

Happy Listening.