How good is your hearing ? And how do you know ?

Sometimes I have a big laugh when reading this forum. There are clearly people whose hearing is, shall I say, very special. So why buy good stuff ?
inna
Using a tone generator, I'm good from 7Hz to 18kHz. Sometimes audio quality is how it's delivered though, like a CVT vs Automatic in car terminology.
7hz is very Impressive, that would be 2 octaves lower than the lowest note on a piano. I am guessing its a rumble you can hear and not a specific note?
Why do some believe that enjoying music starts with the ability to hear frequencies of 14k and up? My frequency hearing limit is currently around 12k, and I still love music as long as it sounds the way I think it should. I'm way over 60 years of age, but I'm still very much able to hear differences, can hear differences between equipment, specially speakers, so I'm still able to make choices, and to purchase the equipment which sound right to my ears. Anyway, believe me, (and I'm sure most of you know) a vast majority of the audible music is not in the 14k-18k frequency range ;)
Cdp try using a white noise machine when you sleep, might help worth a shot. I assume you've tried the usual over the counter lipo flavonoid, it helps some people. My MD said taking b12 and reducung salt intake can help a little. 
I have several systems (Revel Salon 2, B&W 801, PSB, JBL M2) and can hear and remember differences in bass quality which is also room dependent, in soundstaging which is also speaker placement dependent, and dynamic range which is also dependent upon source and amp power.  Other than the afore mentioned characteristics, I seem to be unable to hear and REMEMBER  the other characteristics that must differienciat the speakers.  There have to be differences, but I am unable to distinguish them with the passage of time when having to rely upon audio memory.   Were a pair of speakers set in the same space and I was able to switch between them in real time, then I could probably make distinctions.  As it is, all my systems seem to give me equal satisfaction when bass quality, sound staging, and dynamic range are taken out of the equation.   I confess, I feel really inferior when everyone else makes fine distinctions, and I wonder If their skill is a figment of imagination or actual skill, which probably can really be cultivated, but is probably somewhat rare.  
@bdp24

Understood.

I've also used Musician’s Ear Plugs since the 90's.  (Along with heavier duty earplugs if necessary).  I'll still use them even in a pub/restaurant if it's really loud (and as I'm sort of a "foodie" who loves dining out, it's depressing that restaurants have been ever more deliberately designed to be louder and louder, so they feel like a "happening place.")

As for Tinnitus and sleeping, I decided long ago not to use masking, simply because I didn't like the idea of feeling reliant on some external help.  So I just got used to it and generally don't have an issue sleeping.
(Unless I've had some recent really loud noise exposure which makes the ringing worse for a while).