How to "break-in" new speakers??

A number of posts regarding the so-called "break-in-time" (or is it "burn-in-time) for new speakers have muddied the waters for me. If I recall correctly, some posts recommend that new speaker "break-in" could run anywhere from several hours to 175 hours, or more (good grief!), depending on the speaker manufacturer and model/type in question. In my case they would be the Rega RS-1 bookshelves. On other posts I have read that burning-in is a red-herring and should be ignored. I have also read that a proper burn-in should be done at a high volume, but not so high as to damage the speakers (an unnecessary caution), while simultaneously running the speakers non-stop for the necessary burn-in period. I find myself especially resistant to the last half of these recommendations, if only because I would like to think it possible to get a good nights sleep while simultaneously doing right by my speakers. I can only hope that however many responses I receive will not further muddy the already dark waters.
georgester
When I purchased my first Harley Davidson motor cycle the salesman told me to ride it the first day the way I intended to ride it after break in. I think the same is true with speakers.
The Harley that I rebuilt in '99, still sounds the same as it did then. The two SEAS L26ROY 10's that I installed in my bass system, two weeks ago, do not. The judicious application of a low freq signal, is helping their suspensions, "break in." The music of my bike's pipes IS live. The faster the woofers SOUND live; the happier I will be. Some full-range speaker systems can sound right on the edge of horrific, until their x-over caps form and drivers limber up. Generally speaking; the better the system, the better the caps(Teflon, polypropylene, etc), and the longer the burn-in. Nothing wrong with speeding up the process.
When I got my Ohm speakers, I asked John Strohbeen about break in, and he said not to worry, that they will break in naturally over time as you play them. Joe
Make the dealer break um in first, so that there are no excuses. Or just refuse to buy them. Acoustic Guitars are a different story. Tell the dealer you want to take the speakers home for free then pay for them after you are happy with the sound, then see what kind of excuses they make up.