Humminguru record cleaner

Almost all of my records are in NM condition, so I didn’t think I needed a record cleaner to replace my VPI 16.5. Also, my record surfaces are virtually silent.. But I was intrigued by the ultrasonic cleaners out there. So I bought one with the probability of a return. The results are amazing. This device cleans the records so well it’s like adding a new component to my system. And it’s only $500. With my already clean records I didn’t need the Degritter which is several times more expensive.

I recommend it highly.

128x128rvpiano

@mapman agreed! It’s so easy to use that if one wanted to, you could clean every record before every play. It takes less than one side of a record to complete a cycle, so while you listen to a record, the other is cleaning and ready when the side is finished. I have my rack and cleaning equipment in a separate equipment closet and can’t hear the HG while music is playing. I recognize not everyone has this sort of setup, and the HG is still noisy enough that I wouldn’t want it in my listening room, but it’s still an option if you have a nearby room to run the HG.

I’m going through my 2000 odd record collection that I had given up for dead and am rediscovering gems because I'm using the Humminguru. I never knew how good many of them really sounded. They’ve come to life.

Provided your cave has an electrical supply and clean water is available in a nearby stream, yes.