If Steve Got You Last Week...

high-amp
9 is an extension of 4. I've LP's that sound better than the CD release. AND vice versa.
It's the mastering bunky.
Cds DO sound better than streaming. But mostly only in direct comparison. Factor in logistics and it's about a wash.
High-ampAs the 10 year experienced reviewer in opines, whatever trips your trigger. Don't worry about anyone else. They do not have your unique taste.
Besides you can listen to more music w/digital.
Darko isn't the only reviewer who's said that CD is better than streaming. I make it a point to go over dailyaudiophile.com on a daily basis and found many who've said they preferred CDs over streaming for many a year now. 

Even Srajan, over at 6moons, has found that SD cards, which bypass the PC/streaming side of things entirely, gives the best sound he's heard by a large enough margin to matter. The only streamer he's heard that rivals his set up was over $15K (and that was before he delved into SD cards in a serious way).

I think a lot of people bought into the marketing hype which magnified what could go wrong with CD playback. The truth is, it doesn't mean it does.

The hype helped open a lot of wallets to the new kid on the block. Trouble is, that new kid has yet to fully grow as evidenced by the never ending parade of upgrades and what not that was overlooked or not addressed at the time. 

If the past is any indication of what the future holds, streaming will keep on improving for the next decade, if not longer.

All the best,
Nonoise