In case you haven't seen the new Maggie?

Using Google Search type in "Magnepan Mystery Speaker" and read the article (with photos) from AVGuide.com. This is an amazing product but will it render the previous Maggies obsolete?
puerto
They remind me a bit of those little mylar speakers with sub that some of the mini systems you used to see at Brookstone employed.
Remember that they were running them with top-of-the-line very high power Bryston monoblocks. The speakers may come to market relatively inexpensively, but I wonder what kind of (and how much) amplification they'll need to make them sing.
Here are some pictures of those minis:

Isn't that "Close View" a shot of the computer version? It sure looks like the one they did not play and passed around to show as being for computer-based systems.

Thanks for the pics, regardless.

Puerto - I don't think you'll have to worry about them replacing your 20.1's. My friend had 20.1's and I can tell you these new smaller speakers will not be in quite the same league as those. Don't get me wrong, they are impressive for what they are. They are well worth considering for specific reasons and purposes, WAF being high on that list, while 20.1's are probably at the bottom of the WAF list :-)

I saw them at The SHOW too. They did strain on some of the music that was played.

This is what I found interesting. I was in the front row and saw the clip indicators on the Bryston 28B 1000 wpc monoblocks light up. I used to have Bryston 7B St monoblocks on B&W 801's and never clipped them. The 28B's have an enourmous amount of power. I really don't see anyone driving them with 28's.
This is what I found interesting. I was in the front row and saw the clip indicators on the Bryston 28B 1000 wpc monoblocks light up. I used to have Bryston 7B St monoblocks on B&W 801's and never clipped them. The 28B's have an enourmous amount of power. I really don't see anyone driving them with 28's.

Maybe good candidates for Class D amps? Though those didn't work well with my friend's 20.1's. The other thing to note in considering this very relevant observation was that the demonstration was in a pretty large room with high ceilings and wall-to-wall carpet, and the music was being played at fairly realistic levels (at least in our session). They may do a bit better in a more moderately sized and lively room. Good point.