Integrated S.E.T Amp and Bookshelf Speakers Recommendations

Greeting! When I was looking for a CD transport replacement I received great info and advice here.

Now that les fil #3 is adulting, I have my own office/library/hiding place. I am exploring lower wattage integrated SET amps and higher efficiency (92+) bookshelf stand-mount speakers, with a relatively flat signal response. I listen to lots of jazz; smaller chamber music groups and Early Music; acoustic bluegrassy, folk and the like. 

I'm looking for an amp that can do the following- liquid tonality with instruments; good realism and immediacy with voices; solid 3 dimensionality; sweet and airy treble; and defined decays. I want it all, lol.

I'm going to audition the following because these are names I have read about.

Elekit TU8600R, UnisonTriode 25, Sophia Electric Prodigy Dual Mono. Any others?

As far as speakers-Audio Note and Harbeth. Any others?

Budget-I'm listening and learning.

Anyone have any thoughts and recommendations?

Thanks again!

David

128x128wharfy

Why are you looking at Harbeth? They are not high high efficiency speakers!!

Analog Ethos

James Burgess

not integrated but they have volume knobs

speakers: Klipsch RP600

I agree with @yogiboy, Harbeth's wouldn't be on my list for a low wattage tube amp. Another story if you were considering  a 35wpc+ PP amp.

The Audio Notes are great speakers but they are not for everyone. I love them but some guys feel that they sound "dark."

You haven't described your room so it's hard to recommend. IMO, set amps and good horn speakers enjoy a magical symmetry. Certainly there is a whole line of new and vintage Klipsch Heritage, starting with the Heresy and on up. I'm partial to vintage JBL monitors featuring CD horns, but that's me.

Another way to go would be "full range" single driver speakers. I've owned Omegas and Coherent Audio from Canada. Both can sound wonderful and can be mated to subwoofers if you feel that you needed more low end punch.