Is it better to have two matched subs or one

I am looking to complete my system.  I have one Salk 12 sub.  I am considering one more.  I enjoy classical.  Any thoughts
salevick
Subs don't need to be identical.  I have two Rythmik subs and two SVS subs.  I have them set up in stereo, but I don't think it really matters.  They're all over my room... in front of me, beside me, behind me, facing into the wall, away from me...  I have relatively small monitor speakers - the KEF Reference 1.  I have no trouble identifying where the bass player is standing on most recordings because they provide all the cues I need and build a solid soundstage with great imaging.  Listening to the alternate version of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours I could picture where John McVie was standing.  Now when I play something like Deadmau5 or Bassnectar, the bass is everywhere.
As others of said. 2 are better than 1 and they DON'T have to match.

How low do your mains cycle?
They don’t have to match, but it’s better if they do. Any difference is more likely to make localization of the subwoofers more apparent.
Post removed 
The Velodyne SMS-1 bass manager shows the in-room response of my KEF Reference 1s to be pretty flat to 30 Hz before sharp roll-off, so it's no surprise the location of jazz bass players is well imaged even without the subs.  But the location of jazz bass players is also well imaged by my LS50s.

db