Isolation question. Monitor on Subwoofer

Just curious...

I have 2 subs, and due to space limits i have been thinking about going with Monitors and putting them on the subwoofers.

Here is my idea, if anyone knows if this will not work please let me know why.

Subwoofer on spikes.
On top of subwoofer either a marble or granite slab. Felt beneath the slab to keep it from scratching the top of the sub.
Monitor speakers coupled on small custom built stands (possibly built to hold sand or leadshot) to achieve the correct height, spikes on the stand which would sit on the granite above the subwoofer

Would this achieve decent isolation between the monitor and subwoofer? I see alot of speakers with built in subwoofers, or other types of speakers with the fullrange box and monitor on top, (GMA Continuims, Watt/puppy, etc)

Thoughts on this from you Coupleing/Isolation Guru's?

Would this do a decent job of isolation or should i look into other methods?
slappy
Slappy,
One more idea: Any stainless fishing line ?
Suspend and cradle monitors from ceiling 'just above' the subs ?
Just an after thought bud, sorta like the levitating act.
Yeah, as Rx8Man suggests Spectra-Line might be a good choice. It doubles well as an assassination wire like in Marathon Man.

The other thing I'm thinking is that even if the sub and monitors aren't touching, but still in very close proximity, the massive movement of the sub's driver may have an effect on the movement of the monitor's woofer. It might affect the midrange.

The reason I bring this up is that I've had a couple experiences WAY in the past and fairly recently where a monitor's woofer affected a passive slave sub's driver.

So Slappy, you've got yourself slaves, subs, straddling, fishing line and hot psycho chicks. Why are you still here with us?!!!
RX8 i have thought about that, but i was never sure if it would be a good idea or not. There are vaulted ceilings in my room that are about 10 feet above where the left speaker will be and about 16 feet above the right speakers location.

i guess there is no reason i couldnt do that, however, on a nice breezy day if my windows are open my sweetspot will be rather intermittant as my speakers swing like schoolchildren on the jungle gym. (laugh)
"as my speakers swing like schoolchildren on the jungle gym".

This could create for some cool ass imaging. It'll make Diana Krall sound like she's drowning or being blown around in the wind.
Gunbei, After Slappy just mentioned his Gladiator style bedroom attire, ceiling mounting with stainless or chains like the Bose 901 fad may not be a good idea? As with his slaves, subs, & hot psycho chicks, I'm just not grasping the school children style swing variety! I don't even wanna know what he ment of his statement "My Sweet Spot"!!!