It’s true what they say/and a question

Last night I heard the Marcin Wasilewski Trio in Baltimore.  Wow! Not only did it restore my faith in humanity—if three guys could produce such beauty, we as a species can do anything—it also proved the old adage that listening to live music is essential. I was enjoying the music and comparing what I heard to my system. I was very very pleased. I feel my system is fairly dialed in. Piano bass and most of the drums.  If anything the tom toms sounded a little more real, a little more fluid than at home. So here is my question: what are some tracks that reveal that tom tom sound? Cymbals, snare and bass I got. I’m looking for something that will highlight the tom toms. 

tomaswv

@grislybutter

"0.01% of us the ones with the talent and the eventual instinct to save humanity."

As a "YOUniter" I’m with you. Sometimes it seems a bit like attempting to clean up your neighborhood with a battery-powered leaf blower -- during an F5 tornado.

@tomaswv 

I am so jealous.  We have very few jazz venues around here.

I’m listening to The Marcin Wasilewski Trio,  January and I can only imagine hearing it live.